The Business Ethics Resource Guide
Business ethics is the relevance and function of ethical values in business behavior. Business ethics applies to all elements of business conduct. It is how the individuals and organization as a whole behave fundamentally. Business ethics is also reflected in finance ethics, human resource management, sales and marketing, intellectual property rights and technology. The approach to ethics should be intertwined with philosophy, morality and leadership behaviors.
Overview on ethics
- Professional Ethics: Explores how managers can assess potential employees’ capability to mesh with the ethics of the organization.
- Ethical Decisions: Explores methods for making ethical decisions.
- The Pledge: A business ethics pledge.
- Why Business Ethics: Investigate the arguments against and for business ethics.
- Business Ethics: Examines the scope of business ethics in its approach, in foreign countries, and the effect of the lack of ethics on the environment.
- Accounting: Explains the purpose of ethics and whether someone can make a difference.
- Creative Accounting: An investigation of ethics involved in creative accounting.
- Accounting Ethics: An instructional guide of accounting ethics.
- Ethics in Accounting: A review of a paper published in the Journal of Business Ethics, focusing on the need to improve the ethical education of accountants.
- Ethical Issues in HR Management: A thorough examination concentrating on ethical issues in human resource management.
- Human Resources Ethics: Linda Gravett explores the positive impact human resources can have on an organization’s ethics.
- Human Resource Management: Explores the ethical issues in the workplace and how they relate to human resources.
- Human Relations: A look into laws that are the foundation of human relation ethics.
- Ethical Concerns: An assessment of how the revolution of Information Technology put companies in the position to revisit the ethics of the organization.
- Ethical Issues: An in-depth look at four major ethical issues.
- Ethics of Intellectual Property: Examination of all aspects of intellectual property including the business ethics involved.
- Intellectual Property and Copyright Ethics: An incredible resource on the history, philosophical approaches, and property rights related to the ethics of intellectual property and copyright.
- Ethical Issues of Internet Copyright: Explains copyrighted work in great detail, as well as the ethical issues connected to the Internet.
- Is Copyright Ethical? An analysis of the laws and practices of intellectual work.
- Ethics and Insider Trader: A look at the pervasive activity.
- Ethical Rules: Congressional insider trading ethical rulings.
- Analysis of Ethics: An assessment of ethics in insider trading.
- Insider Trading: A look within the ethics of insider trading.
- Computer Ethics: A comprehensive definition of computer ethics.
- Ethics in Computer Science: Ethical issues in computing.
- Computer Ethics: A complete five-part guide to computer ethics.
International Business Ethics
- Association for International Business Ethics: This organization focuses on educating business and society on ethical issues and business practices.
- Ethics in International Business: A comprehensive guide to international business ethics.
- International Business Ethics: Explores the approaches to international business ethics.
- Strategies and Responsibilities: This paper considers the significance of international business ethics and the accountability of businesses.
Ethics of Sales and Marketing
- Code of Ethics: Code of ethics for marketers.
- Price Fixing & Minimum Resale Price Restrictions: An extensive comparison of price fixing and resale restrictions.
- Advertising: Advertising is essential in any business. This paper explores the ethics of advertising.
- Marketing Ethics: A review of ethical issues in marketing and recommendations for resolving ethical challenges.
Ethics with Competition
- Monopolies: Monopoly extensively defined by the Ohio state government.
- Anti-competitive practices: Explanations of business anti-competitive practices.
- The Ethics of Competition: Andrei Shliefer investigates whether competition damages ethical behavior.
- A Perspective Approach: Ruel F. Pepa provides his approach on the legality and morality of business competition ethics.